Monday, February 15, 2010

Knitting Olympics


This is our favorite "grown-up" restaurant, where I knit between courses at yesterday's Valentine's Day lunch. See, it is not that I am not working on my Olympic  Liesl whenever possible.  The problem is that I have ripped it out and restarted it three times!    First, I forgot the button holes.    Then I skipped the first row.   Then I did not like the placement of the button holes (and one was on the wrong side).    Despite these trials, I like the pattern (it is, despite all evidence to the contrary, easy to understand) and I LOVE the yarn (KP Comfy Bulky).    The fact is that this is not an unusual start to a project for me.    I know what I like and am not afraid to rip-out and re-start to get it.   What is different about this project is the time issue.   While I am sure that I will have a Liesl to wear this spring, I am not sure if I will have it by the finish of the Olympic Games.   I guess that is what makes it a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment