Saturday, November 6, 2010

I Love Pumpkin Spice Lattes....


It all started with an embroidery pattern that caught my eye.    How cute is this, I [heart] Pumpkin Spice Latte, pattern?    I had to have it.   However, once started, it seemed kind of silly to "must have" an embroidery design singing the praises of a drink I have never even tried.   A quick check with MyPlateD (food diary for diabetics) revealed the scary fact that so long as I ordered a short (the smallest size) it would fit just fine in my day.   So, order I did, and it has been down hill (straight to Starbucks) from there.   Now I want one every day.  Not only that but I let the teens taste it and they want one every day too.   Hubby was not amused by a $9 a day trip to Starbucks (yarn he understands but coffee is beyond his ken).   The only solution (besides giving them up and that was not going to happen) was to make them at home.   After trying and altering several recipes (search Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte), we finally hit on a combination that really works.   For those with a similar affliction, here it is:

  • 1 cups 1% milk
  • 1 packet Starbucks Via Decaf 
  • 1 cup water
  • 3 rounded tablespoons of Farmers Market Organic Pumpkin Pie Mix
  • 2 tablespoons of Starbucks Vanilla Syrup  (we use sugar free)
Put  water on to boil.
Combine 1 packet of Via to 1 cup of boiling water.
Stir & set aside.
In a separate sauce pan, combine milk, & pumpkin mix.
Heat pumpkin milk, stirring frequently, until it bubbles & get frothy.
Remove from heat.
Add syrup.
Add coffee.
Pour into a cup, add whipped cream if you like,  & enjoy.
Theoretically, this is a single serving but I usually split it with one of the boys.

This works for us.  I hope you like it too.

P.S. I you would like a copy of this ever so cute pattern, follow the link just below the photo.   If embroidery is your thing, visit the creators blog Wild Olive.   You wont be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment