Thursday, March 3, 2011

Knitting in St. Augustine....





 
With all that has been going on, I only just today, got to take T2 to St. Augustine for his birthday lunch.  Now, before you start feeling too bad for him, he did get presents, two birthday dinners (complete with cake), and a day at Disney.    The lunch thing is something that is just him and me.

Taken from the Castillo walls

After taking care of a couple of practical matters, we parked downtown, walked to our favorite restaurant, and had a terrific lunch.    Next, we spent several hours walking around the historic section of town (I took tons of pictures).    It seems that no matter how many times we do this, we still love it.  


From the center of the historic district, we walked to the Northern boarder, across to the Southern edge, and
back to our car.   We walked so much, that I could have had ice cream (which I did not).   The weather was perfectly warm and breezy.


Did you tweet to Lion Brand today?   I did, while working on the Reunion Cowl (easy take along knitting) at lunch.  The idea was to knit in public and tweet about it before noon.   One lucky tweeter was chosen to win a gift certificate to Lion Brand, the amount to be determined by how many total tweets were received.    Here is the really cool kicker, a donation in the same amount as the gift cert, will now be made to St. Jude Children's Hospital by Lion Brand.   Sadly, I did not win.   Happily, I did participate in a fund raiser for a worthy cause.   It made the day, that much sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment