Monday, January 9, 2012

2011 is not a year on which I shall look back with undiluted pleasure.

It is so hard to write when it feels like there is nothing good to say.   I was going to entitle this post "Annus Horribilis" and then explain why that phrase applies to life at Chez Serenity.   You will be glad to know, that I decided against that little bit of self indulgence.   My next thought was to list 10 things I am grateful for from the past year (if for no other reason than to prove to myself that there are at least that many).   However, I am really struggling, right now, against the feeling that everything is awful (when I know very well that, that is not the case) and my heart just isn't in it.

On to idea #3. This is a knitting blog and even though I am hanging on by a thread, I am still knitting (Some days I think that knitting is the thread by which I hang).   So here it is ladies and gentlemen, my knitting:

Photo taken at Panera

I promise you that this baby looks quite a bit more inviting in person.  I love this pattern and yarn.  They are both soft and soothing to work with.    This and a secret knitting project are all that I have been working on. I am a little more than half way done with the Summer Wrap, but still at the cast-on, hate it, rip out stage of the secret project.

Ow, now that I am on a roll, let me show you my new knitting bag:


I bought this at Starbucks.com.   It is made from an old *$'s billboard.   How cool is that?   It is the perfect size for my knitting, and netbook, along with various and sundry magazines and papers.   I love it!  It comes with a picture of the billboard, which I carry with me because you can see just what part my bag came from.

Well, I feel better now than I did when I began this post.  Thank you all for that.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment