Friday, May 3, 2013

It's raining. Call the Midwife.



OMG, to quote a friend, "Where are my ark building tools?".   It has been pouring practically non-stop for the last two days.  The Sunshine State can be a bit moody that way.

Between the weather and my mood (bleak of late), I have been sticking pretty close to home lately.   I did make it out to meet the girls for KAL knitting yesterday.   Kerri made an interesting observation, which I think could apply to a lot of us ("us" meaning knitters).   She told me to keep knitting, said that she could see me visibly lighten when I was knitting but when I stopped, it was like the weight settled back on my shoulders.

Since Hubby hung around long enough this morning to take T2 to school, I decided to go back to bed.   Since I could not get back to sleep, I treated myself to another episode of "Call the Midwife".    I am so enjoying this show.   It is in it's third (?) season.  I don't know why it took so long to hit my radar.   BBC series are usually top of my list.    Anyway, now that I have discovered it, I am enthralled.

It is about a group of nurse midwives, living in a nursing convent, seeing to the medical needs of the poor in the depressed Poplar district of East London in the 1950's.   However, with 80-100 babies being born each month, their primary work is delivering babies and pre/post natal care.  One of the main characters even knits (the crazy one, hmm) which has an obvious appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment