Saturday, October 12, 2013

Day 12: Sew & Quilt Shop

Sew & Quilt Shop
Bunnell, FL

Look what I made today at my favorite local yarn shop!   Even though there isn't any in the shop name, once you get there you will find plenty of yarn, along with friendly, knowledgeable, and welcoming staff.    This is my favorite place to go when I feel like running away from home.

Today, the talented Teresa Bovino, demo'd her Christmas Ornament pattern (available at the Sew & Quilt Shop).   We used Plymouth's Steletto on #3 needles but you can use any fingering wt. yarn.    I bought a ball of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino to make some more for my family.   I didn't have #3's with me (and I am trying not to buy things I already own) so I used the #1's I had in my purse.   I am happy with the final product but the finishing was a bit tight.  For my next attempt I definitely will go up a needle size or two.


This is number twelve, in the 31 Days of Where I live blogging challenge.
Each day I will post a thought and/or picture relative to something I like about living in NE Florida.  
You can see the whole list of posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment