Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Breaking the fast...

Kathleen, Lisa, Angie
She Sells Yarn
222 South Beach St.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114


6 Hanks of Koigu KPPPM (assorted colors)
8 Hanks of Cascade Sierra Quattro (SummerDaze)
7 balls of Lion Brand Nature's Choice Organic Cotton (Dusty Blue)

Yea! I bought yarn today. After a year long yarn fast, Angie and I visited "She Sells Yarn" in Daytona Beach, FL, so that I could fall/jump off the wagon. The owner, Kathleen, was lovely. We had a wonderful time. I choose her shop because she has Koigu, so leaving with some was no surprise. I chose these colorways with the Dipped Infinity Scarf in mind. Although, I have knit with other Cascade yarns, I have not come across Sierra Quarto before. I loved the color and feel of it. This will likely become a Shawl That Jazz shawl. After the petting, drooling, choosing, paying, and picture taking, were done, Kathleen was kind enough to give some recommendations for lunch. We ended up a couple of doors down at a pub with great burgers and (according to tween) awesome fish and chips.

One the way home, we stopped at Joanne's to get thread. While there I grabbed some Nature's Choice Organic Cotton. Yes, I know that this is a bargain yarn, and I am a self professed yarn snob, but I like the stuff. I used it for Nancy's Xmas shawl and liked it enough to want one for myself (Hopefully she will let me take pictures of it when she gets back from Chicago).

That was my day, yarn, lunch, more yarn, home. I am a very happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment