Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Nancy??


Friend Nancy was feeling a bit blue about her birthday. She thought she was going to have the day off of work but at the last minute, it did not work out. By way of a pick me up, I invited her to lunch, my treat. Just as I was leaving my house, she called to say that she was probably going to be late since her bank was robbed at gun point, while she was making her deposit, and she was waiting for the police to take her statement and let her go. OMG, poor Nancy.

Eventually she was allowed to leave and we were able to meet, as originally planned, at our local Chili's. After telling the waitress her story and ordering a Bloody Mary (which she totally deserved), she was brought two Bloody Marys, and told that one was on the house. Soon the manager stopped by. He was so sweet. Apparently, he was once held up at gun point. He seemed to know just what to say to put her at ease. Lunch was yummy and the Molten Lava Cake was stellar. Not only was there a candle and singing, but they gave her a card with a coupon for a free appetizer. Then, when the bill came, it turned out that we were comp-ed both drinks and the desert.

This, my friends, is customer service. You can bet that my family and I will be visiting this Chili's again.

(((hugs)))

No comments:

Post a Comment