Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dipped Infinity Scarf....


Have you ever knit a pattern that you enjoyed so much that you cast on for another immediately upon casting off the original? That is what I did with the Dipped Infinity Scarf.


http://www.cosmicpluto.com/blog/dipped-infinity-scarf/
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dipped-infinity-scarf




As you may recall, I knit the first one with varying shades of Koigu. As you can see, it came out really well. I did wish, however, that the color shifts were more dramatic and that it was a little longer. With that in mind, I cast on another using one strand of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock (Turquoise) and one stand of a vibrant Koigu KPPM (#P160A), using a US 9 needle (The first one was done on a US 8). I love, love, love this combination (check out the top photo). My original thought had been to keep the turquoise consistent through out changing changing only the Koigu every four rows, but I am rethinking that. I am seriously thinking of driving an hour south to get two more hanks of this Koigu and just knitting the whole thing in this combination. The only problem with this plan is that I recieved an email from the designer yesterday (via Ravelry) saying that the pattern, as I downloaded it, had an error in the yardage. So now, instead of having just enough Supersock to make another scarf, I have just a bit too little. I bought the Cherry Tree Hill locally but I am almost certain that I got the last one in that color. On yet another hand, I do live in FL and may not need quiet as wide a scarf as this is meant to be. Still thinking....


NOTE: My apologies for the formatting. Blogger seems to be having issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment