Sunday, February 7, 2010

Special Knitting Olympics...




I was not going to do this.   It was not even on my knitting radar.   Last time I did it I had to drop out due to a bout of carpal tunnel (ouch!), that left me unable to knit for two weeks!   However, after reading this post over at Chez Harlot, I am going to give it another go.  I must be crazy inspired. 

After checking out the available options (This is, after all, the last minute), I have decided to go with Liesl.   I have been trying to get this sweater on my needles for some time but something always gets in the way.   The yarn (Comfy Bulky in Sea Foam) shipped on Friday.   I did forget to call KnitPicks re: the needles but I will get that done tomorrow.  I'll just use another brand until replacements arrive.   So, my challenge is simply to get it done.


In the meantime, after my funk of last week, I cast on for the Shawl That Jazz using a gorgeous hand-dyed cotton that I found in NYC a couple of years ago.    I love the way it is turning out.   The yardage is just a little short so I will have to find something complimentary to use for the ruffle.  I also decided to stick with the size 1 needles for my Koigu socks.  Now that I am further along, I like them.

Be good, and keep knitting.

(((hugs)))

No comments:

Post a Comment