Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hands Across the Sand

Hands Across the Sand
Jacksonville Beach

This Saturday we spent some time at the beach participating in a Hands Across the Sand event.  Hands across the sand is an international organization whose mission is to stop off shore drilling and keep our beaches beautiful.    We had wonderful weather and met some very nice people.  What I really loved about the day is how nice everyone was.    There were people on the beach who were not interested in "the cause". Some were very open about their support for off-shore drilling but no one, on either side of the issue, was anything but pleasant and respectful.    A couple of people even offered to take pictures for those of us participating.   It was a terrific experience all around.

On the knitting front, I did rip out the button band on the Summer Open Cardi.   After I re-knit it in the bigger needle size, it still pulled up in front.   My new plan, is to rip out the cast-off, and re-work that using Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Cast-off.   My hope is that, with a stretchier cast-off, I will be able to block the front into shape.  

No comments:

Post a Comment