Monday, November 22, 2010

Ooops, I did it again....


Help, I've rediscovered embroidery and I can't stop.    Wild Olive should carry a surgeon general's warning.    Not only have I been working her designs but those same designs have inspired me to come up with some of my own.   I did a set of really cute coasters for the co-op (forgot to take pictures), and a couple of Xmas designs that will eventually be ornaments I can give as presents to our families (just waiting for the right Sizzix die to arrive).


This scarf was begun as a Xmas gift for a dear family.    The pattern is eminently doable, but it does require attention that I can not give it while chatting with friends or, heaven forbid, watching a movie.   With the fine yarn, small needles and 4 false starts (I can be really picky), it has been very slow going.    I even gave serious consideration to ripping it out and running up a simple Shaker Rib scarf instead, but when it came time to do the deed, I could not bring myself to do it (Even barely begun, it looks lovely).   The new plan, is to keep working on it in the hopes of being done in time for his birthday.  Love a plan B.

No comments:

Post a Comment