Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Heart Knitting.....


We have had such a lovely holiday weekend.   It started with a great Thanksgiving dinner at my brother's.  He and my SIL sure can cook.   My diabetes diet went right out of the window but, my goodness, what a way to go.   Not only was the food great but when his step-daughter arrived, she, very kindly, gave me a pressure point massage that was just heavenly (and stopped a migraine in it's track).   For all of this and more, I am grateful.

As is our habit, we made a full turkey dinner, at our house, on Black Friday.   Our friend Nancy joined us.  After dinner, while Hubby and the boys watched football, Nancy and I spent a couple of hours in my office sipping coffee and talking crafts.  It was one of those easy, mellow days that feed the soul.  

Saturday, my wonderful Hubby agreed to go to the Christmas in the South show with me (where I bought the necklace, above).    I have never been to this particular craft show before.   It was awesome.   Much more like the shows I used to go to when we lived up North.   We got lots of  pretty and/or unique Christmas gifts for our family & friends.  After the show we did some traditional Xmas shopping and managed to polish off all but one thing on our list.   How is that for a fun and productive day?

Today, Sunday, had its ups and downs.   T1 came home from a weekend visit to the ex.   That is always a good thing.  He is an incredibly competent traveler but I still worry and it is nice to have him home and safe.  On the down side, Hubby left for a week-long business trip.  He does not travel for business often, which is a good thing since we both do better when we are together.  It will be nice to have him home at the end of the week.

Here is hoping you all had a warm & loving Thanksgiving holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment