Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What I've been working on....

Now that the holidays are in the past, I have been able to get back to my knitting.    I've worked a bit on the Gentlman's Scarf for Mom's gentleman friend, and cast on for a Reunion Cowl for me.   My favorites, however, the Braided Cable Necklace  and the One Row Handspun Scarf.


The BCN is so fast and easy to knit.    The first one took me just a couple of hours from start to finish.   I did make a couple of minor changes.   I knit one more repeat, which added a bit extra to the length.  Also, the  pattern calls for a button & loop closure.    I used the three-needle bind-off technique to join the pieces.   This worked very well for me, however, it might not have if I had not lengthened it.   I wore mine out yesterday and got lots of compliments.


The ORHS has been on my radar for a while.   Just before Christmas, I was offered the opportunity to teach knitting a a local Michaels.   I did this for a while when we lived in NJ and loved it.    After some looking around, I decided to knit a ORHS in Patons Pure (100% Organic Cotton) as my class sample.    It is already clear that this scarf is going to look good.   The pattern interesting enough to stave off boredom but easy enough to be doable by a beginner knitter.   This is the first time I have used this yarn and I like it a lot.   It is very soft and the colors are lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment