Monday, April 23, 2012

Say it isn't so....


Sadly, due to  a last minute snafu, Hubby and I did not make it to Atlanta last week.   That means that I did not make it to Stitches South, nor did I get to take the two classes I was scheduled for.    I feel like I should be more upset about this than I am.   Not with Hubby, whose work issues were unavoidable (Thank heavens for both of us that I used to be a systems mgr and understand how these things work), but with the situation.    The thing is that I am not terribly upset at all.  In part, because, I do understand how these things happen (I cancelled three trips to Ireland in one year when I was married to the ex), and in part because I am just too tired lately to get overly upset about anything.  

In an effort to cheer me up, T2 took me to Medieval Times on Friday.    This kid is so laid back that he drives me nuts.   This kid is so laid back that he is incredibly relaxing to be around (just call me "schizo mommy").    What a joy it was to not rush.   So not rushed were we that it took us five hours to get to Orlando (it usually takes two).    We stopped for coffee (Starbucks), lunch (Panera), and to visit a favorite yarn shop (Sew & Quilt Shop, Bunnell, FL).    By the time we got to IKEA, we had only  an hour to shop before we had to leave for Medieval Times.   We had a wonderful time and I got to knit while my darling drove home.   The day was slow, easy, and just what the doctor ordered.

This morning, before heading to Jax to run errands, I finally soaked and blocked my project from Stefanie Japel's Design Your Own Shawl class.   I hope to have the pattern written and up on Ravelry soon.  T2 is canvasing his female friends to see who would like to model this baby for me.   Also, I have to come up with a name for it.  

I read somewhere that lace blocking goes better on flannel because the material "grabs" the lace and holds it in place.   This is the first time I tried it and I really liked how easily the blocking went.  I did use pins but not nearly as many as I have in the past.    The only thing is that I always take blocking photos and I don't like the patterned sheet behind my project.    I am going to see if I can find black flannel at Joanne's in the hopes that it would make for a better picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment