Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Happy Birthday for me...

Birthday collage 7Jun12

Today is my birthday.   Heaven help me, I am 50 years old.    Should I feel different?   I don't.   Maybe that is because my family has made sure that I have a wonderful day.    I slept until I wanted to wake up.   There were flowers and a balloon on my dressing table.   Hubby brought me breakfast in bed.   I got mushy cards from Hubby, both boys, and the dog (yes, Jack gives greeting cards).    The guys really outdid themselves this year.   Hubby gave me this gorgeous tote/knitting bag, made in Maine, from recycled sails.   I have been visiting this bag for quite a while and am just so happy to finally be able to call it mine.   The boys, & Jack, gave me a gift certificate to the Fresh Produce store along with a 25% off coupon (YAY!).

Once up and about, we went to lunch at my favorite restaurant and walked around historic St. Augustine, where I was able to visit the Fresh Produce store and spend my birthday money (3 capris, 1 tank, & a pair of floral Fit Flops).   All this and the day is not over yet.

I have an appointment for a massage this afternoon, Hubby is making my favorite salad for dinner, and there will be cake.   I am a well behaved/controlled diabetic.  Cake is a very big deal for me.  I can't wait :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment