Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Little of This and a Little of That....


A couple of weeks ago, I was asked to arrange for a throw to be made for someone who recently suffered a loss.  Lucky for me the second person I asked was up for the task.   All I had to do was come up with the yarn and a pattern.    Now this lovely person (who could very well be reading this post) does not knit but she is a recent convert to crochet.    I wanted to come up with something that would be pretty, textually comforting, and economical.    Requirements and ideas have been marinating in my brain for a couple of weeks with no one idea screaming "I AM THE ONE", until I discovered a new, to me, blog called Annie's Place.  Sharron (Annie is her Gran)  is a UK crocheter with a real eye for color.   She takes the simplest things and makes them look new and lovely.  

Inspired by the back of her Rainbow Traditional Granny Square Cushion Cover and her generously shared Granny Stripe Colour Sequence, but hampered by budget constraints, I went to Michael's, Joann's and AC Moore  (Find out why we do not shop at Hobby Lobby here) to round up 17 colors of Lilly's Sugar and Cream.   My goal was to match, as closely as possible,  the colors that Sharron used for her Granny Stripe Blanket.   I think I did a pretty good job.  


The hook and yarn are nicely nestled in a pretty basket just awaiting delivery.   All my generous crocheting friend has to do is knit two rows with each color while following  Sharron's Granny Stripe color sequence and we should be good to go.   Dear heavens, I hope the mutual friend that taught her to crochet, taught her to make granny squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment