Wednesday, May 22, 2013

How can I help?



My first visit to Whipup.net was a little more than three years ago.  Self-described as an online space that "brings the best original and exciting crafts to the attention of many", Whip up quickly became one of my favorite online hangouts.  

I found Whip up that first time while searching Google in the hopes of finding a Starbucks themed embroidery pattern.   Not only was there a free pattern that was perfect for my needs (a holiday ornament for a Starbucks crazy friend), but the link back to the artist brought me to Wild Olive & Molly Johnson.   If that were not enough, the resulting project induced me to give Starbucks a try which has completely changed my coffee drinking life.

Where am I going with all of this?   Sadly, Kathreen Ricketson (the face behind Whip up) and her husband Rob Shugg have died in a tragic accident.   They are survived by their children Otilija and Orlando.  

A trust fund for their future has been established.   If you are asking yourself, as I am, "What can I do to help?", please consider making a donation to the future of these two children.

You can read more about the circumstances and the trust fund here, and here.



No comments:

Post a Comment