Thursday, July 4, 2013

Independence Knitting


Happy 4th of July!

Free Baby Cashmerino US Flag
by Debbie Bliss

In honor of the day, and because I have nothing new of my own to show you, I want to point you to two really cool red, white, and blue projects.

The first is this free Baby Cashmerino US Flag pattern from Knitting Fever.  If I had come across this sooner I might have been tempted to give it a go.   I remember in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 it was impossible to find a US flag so I knit up my own (burned now).   I like this one better and I love how the "flag pole" is a knitting needle.


Old Glory Cladonia Shawl
by Kristen Kapur
The second is this Old Glory Cladonia Shawl.   I actually already have this pattern in my que, with the yarn already purchased (a lovely periwinkle blue).    In general I am not a flag waver, preferring to show my love of country in other ways (see exception above), but WOW this is almost too spectacular to pass up.  I love it and am considering knitting it just this way for my mother (who is a flag waver).

Will you be seeing fireworks tonight?

Stay safe and enjoy the day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment