Monday, July 1, 2013

Reading & Knitting



It's all Kerri's fault really.  I am sure I would be able to focus on one project at a time if she would just stop inspiring me.    A couple of weeks ago she started a string bag for her beach knitting.   I loved the colors and the idea but did not care for the construction of the pattern she choose (No, I am not going to name it.).    A bit of Ravelry sleuthing and I came up with this one that I like quite a bit better.

This is the Girlfriend Market Bag.   It is simple (as all beach/pool knitting should be), and requires no seaming up at the end.   It is so simple, in fact, that I can read while I knit.  I love that, it's fun and non-knitters are just so impressed.  If you decide to check the pattern out, be sure to read the story of how the pattern came to be.   It is sweet.

Given that this is a casual project meant for casual use, I went with Sugar & Cream cotton in this muted colorway.   The contrast color I choose for the handle is not a color I would normally be drawn to but it really sets off the main colorway nicely (or, at least, I think it will.  Time will tell.).


No comments:

Post a Comment