Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Almost there...

Phoenix Shawl

Check out the Phoenix Shawl in all its glory.   This baby has been in the works for years (literally).   There was the idea, which became the charts, which became what you see above.    Then came the fire, the loss of the shawl, the laptop with the charts (backup, backup, backup!), and the preliminary pattern.  

From my written notes came new charts, and new samples, and a rewritten pattern.   I've got three test knitters working on it as we "speak".    One, is three rows from being done.   One has put it aside to work on Xmas gifts, and one is waiting for a meet-up with me.

First known as the Old City Shawl (we live in St. Augustine, FL), then the Simply Exquisite Shawl (thus dubbed by a LYS owner), it is now, finally, the Phoenix Shawl (because it rose out of the ashes).
I used Colinette's Jitterbug for the lost one. Two of the test knitters are using Knit Picks Stroll Tonal (Canopy & Thunderhead).   It occurs to me that I have no idea what my third knitter is using.   I've got three samples on the needles, one of Knit Picks Stroll Tonal  (Pearlescent), one in Malabrigo Lace, and one in Ella Rae Lace Merino.   It is not so much that I don't have a favorite, but that each one is my favorite when I am working on it.

If you would like for me to drop you a line when the pattern is good to go,  just follow the link to Ravelry and leave a comment.   I am hoping (but not promising) to have it up and available for sale before the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment