Saturday, February 27, 2010

I changed my mind...

Olympic Knitting Day12
(aka big pile of yarn)

After accepting that I was never going to finish my Olympic Liesl in time for the closing ceremonies, I came up with another plan.   You see, I was never all that crazy about the color of the yarn (pretty but not my pretty).   That combined with a friend announcing her pregnancy and the color I really like becoming available brought me to plan B.   I ripped out the incomplete (to put it mildly) Liesl,  ordered a Liesl's worth of Comfy Bulky in Planetarium (a very me blue), and am using the SeaFoam Comfy to make a baby blanket for the expecting friend (who despite my pleading wants to be surprised by the baby's gender). 


I usually crochet my baby blankets but am doing something a little different this time.   One of my favorite shawls is the Silk Swirl Shawl by Joan Schroader.   All I am doing here is following that pattern but with a bulky, rather than lace wt., yarn.   I am still undecided re: the edging (a simple ruffle perhaps?).   It is going really fast, looks nice and feels divine.   As this is for a summer baby in Florida, cotton is the order of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment