How could I not love living here?
Lots of little stuff keeping me busy over the last two weeks. Hence the random nature of this post.
- Diabetes, good. It has not been difficult at all sticking to the Diabetes diet. I know there will come a time when I really just want to toss the whole thing and do what I want but I am not there yet. In fact, as of Friday morning I have lost 8 #'s. Just by eating right and not sitting around as much.
- Finally, I got back to the Summer Open Cardigan. One sleeve is done, the other half way there. That and tucking of ends, and I will have a new sweater to wear.
- For the co-op, I have been making baby blankets out of pretty flannels and then crocheting an edging on them. They come out very nice but I am going to give a try to knitting an attached edging instead.
- Finished a couple of good books lately (one read, the other listened to). Women, Food, & God was very interesting. I am not sure I agree with all of her conclusions but there were a few things that rang a bell. I actually listened to it twice through. It was definitely worth the time. Eat, Pray, Love was great. I know I am a bit behind the curve on this one. I read it now so that I would have something to compare the movie to. I really liked this book and will likely read others by this author.
- Our youngest has asked to be home-schooled for just this coming school year (8th grade). In Florida we have Virtual School which makes the whole process easier (theoretically). He is very (dare I say, over) responsible and drives himself harder than we would like. That could make him just the right candidate for this program. We have conditionally agreed (pending a discussion with his guidance counselor). I like the idea in theory but am a bit nervous about what the reality will look like. How do home-schooling moms manage time for themselves?
That's it for now. Hopefully, my next post will feature a photo of my new sweater :-)