Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm Baaack....

1322 N. Mills Ave.
Orlando, FL 32803
407.894.0444


Yesterday morning we found ourselves with a couple of hours to kill until Disney Quest opened.   Because my hubby is a prince among men, we took a ride over to The Black Sheep needlepoint & yarn shop.   I am so glad that we did.   The shop takes up several rooms of eye candy.   The front room has tons of gorgeous canvases along with the threads and accessories to show them off.  There is also a big table & comfy chairs where visitors are encouraged to make themselves comfortable (where I met a gentleman who self identifies as "Trouble"), and some the nicest tote bags I have seen.  



The rear couple of rooms are where the yarn lives.   To my delight, they carry lots of luscious cottons along with their other yarns (natural & not).    One, in particular, caught my eye.  I don't remember the name but it is a hand-dyed worsted (maybe aran) wt.    Another favorite of mine was a Filatura de la Rosa lace wt. at a very reasonable price.  I left with a small canvas that when finished will be a luggage tag, a belt canvas that will be made into sandals and a key chain when done, and some very pretty sock yarn called Silky Sock by Great Adirondack.  Even though it is two hours from home,  I will be back..

No comments:

Post a Comment