Thursday, May 31, 2012

Allons-y...


Yay, it came!    What you see here is the perfect hot weather yarn for the incomparable "Bigger on the Inside" shawl.    After much hemming and hawing I abandoned my stash diving and ordered Claudia Hand Painted Yarns' Linen from Eat.Sleep.Knit.    This is the second time I have ordered from this lovely Georgia shop and so far they are two for two.  The yarn came quickly and is the perfect color for this project.    It probably would have been better if I had read the yardage requirements more carefully.    At first pass, I thought I needed 425yds.   Instead of twigging to the fact that, that is way too little, I thanked heaven that I would only have to order two hanks of this admittedly pricey yarn.    However, when I saw those hanks today, I knew that two hanks were not going to get the job done.     A careful recheck of the requirements revealed that I needed two 425yd hanks of the suggested yarn.   That would be 850yds of my yarn, oops.    I immediately ordered two more hanks (which I hope will be the same dye lot).   Happily I have enough on hand to get started.  Guess what I will be doing tomorrow morning?



P.S. "Allons-y", a favorite of the tenth Dr. Who,  is an old-fashioned way of saying "Let's go!" in French.

No comments:

Post a Comment