Saturday, June 2, 2012

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall...



My finger is still in a splint so I don't have much in the way of knitting to report.   Today was Hubby's birthday so we got up early (for a weekend), opened presents, ate breakfast and headed on out to the movies & lunch to celebrate.

Choosing a movie we all want to see is always a challenge and even more so lately since I have just not been up to explosions.    Hubby expressed an interest in seeing "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" which thrilled me no end.    I saw it with my mother earlier this week and, so loved it, that I was, not just willing, but anxious to see it again.    The original plan was that we would see that and the boys would see "MIB3" which was playing at the same time, but the more he thought about it, the more Hubby wanted us to stick together, so Snow White and the Huntsman was settled on.

When we got to the theater, we were surprised to find the first matinee sold out.   Still more surprised where we when we finally got to see it after lunch, rather than before.    This movie is just awful.   That was two hours of my life that I will never see again.   No wonder Snow White fell asleep.    Okay, the sets and costumes were very well done and parts of it were filmed on a beach near a friend's (which is always fun to see), but the story was ridden with plot inconsistencies.    Not the least of which was the premise that Charlize Theron would have to worry about Kristen Stewart being more beautiful than she.   The other thing that really bugged me is, I think, a directing issue.   It seemed at times that Charlize Theron was speaking though a mouth full of marbles  (No, I don't think she had marbles in her mouth.  That is just the way she sounded).    I tried to knit, but that hurt, so then I tried to doze off, but it was too loud.   Now I just have a headache.   My advice to you, if you are considering going to see "Snow White and the Huntsman", is to go see "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" instead.

P.S.  I am blogging out on the patio today because the weather is lovely in NE FL this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment