Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wingspan




Every so often, a pattern takes the knitting world by storm.   The Wingspan shawl is one of those.  Usually, I try to stay away from the rage of the moment and I did this time too.   Well, at least at first I did.    However, once I saw the Wingspan that Stephanie Pearl-McPhee made, I was hooked.   Searching through my stash, I found this yarn in my hand-spun/hand-dyed bin.  Unfortunately, it was not in a bag, and had no tag, so I have no idea what or whose it is.   I think it may be a cotton/wool blend.   I do know that it is sport to DK weight, a wonderful color-way, and a joy to knit with.


The pattern is really well written, at no point did I wonder what the designer (Maylin Tan) meant.   The finished shawl shows off its unique construction, while making less obvious just how fast and easy it was to make.  I have already cast on another deeper one to knit on the beach and I will be adding it to our church's list of recommended patterns for prayer/friendship shawls.

No comments:

Post a Comment