Friday, March 1, 2013

My woo-woo notions...


Those who know me in the real world, know that I am often captivated by the odd and quirky.   Thus it will come as no surprise that when I found these Ouija board tins, at my local World Market , I had to bring one (or three) home with me.  Mystery Mints, how cute is that?

As it happened they came to my attention at a creatively fortuitous time.  Thanks to spotting these on Pinterest, I already had visions of knitting tins dancing in my head.  My notions stash had everything I needed to stock these babies except the Puppy Snips (which came super fast from here).  Prepping the tin was very simple.  First, I rounded the corners on these business card magnets and put one on the inside lid (to hold my yarn needle and snips).   Then, I cut a piece of craft felt and stuck it to the bottom of the tin (to cut down on rattle).   That's it.  I did not even have to wash the tin first since the mints were nicely contained in a sealed cellophane bag.

They are currently well stocked and in daily use.  One each in my everyday knitting bag, my Sunday knitting bag, and the basket that holds this granny square blanket in progress.  They work like a dream and bring a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment