Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Test Knitting

Pearlescent Stroll & Flowers
@ Chez Serenity

Yesterday was one of those days.  One of those fun days that we hold near and dear to our hearts.   Not for the first time, Kerri, Michelle, and I met Kerri's MIL (Faye) half way between our homes and hers for lunch, laughter and knitting.   It was, as it always is, an absolute blast.  

This time, though, had a bit more purpose than our usual meet ups.   These lovely ladies, are test knitting my Simply Exquisite Shawl (working title).   I am so grateful for their help.   With three knitters, of varying abilities, working on it, I feel like it should be ready for anyone when it goes up for sale.

I am actually knitting two of them at the same time.   One destined to be a store sample for my local yarn shop, and one just to wear and show off.   I've already gotten some interest in a weekend KAL at a west coast (of FL) shop.   I will write more about that when the details are firmed up.

Do you like this yarn?   As a self-professed yarn snob, I am resistant to even little bits of man-made fibers but Kerri, inspired me to give Knit-Picks Stroll Tonal a try.    I love this color (pearlescent) , it is a mix of ivories and greys that sounds boring but is really quite elegant in person.   It is not terribly rough but perhaps not as soft as I would like.  Obviously, I not put off by it, since I have already ordered more to make that Old Glory Shawl I showed you a couple of weeks ago.  

Our house is coming along nicely.   We are in a holding pattern now as the county inspector is waiting for the electric to be turned on and the electric company is waiting for the county inspection.    I feel like this stand-off is our fault.   We have been telling anyone who will listen how impressed we are with  the way things have been coming together so smoothly.  Obviously, we jinxed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment